The type of equipment you need will depend on what your blasting. Below is a list of sandblaster types that most people look for. If your looking for information and places to get other smaller components, read through the supplies section.
- Siphon System: This is usually used for small shops or items that need to be lightly blasted on smaller scales.
- Pressure Pot: It is a more powerful blaster used for a faster rate of cleaning and carving applications.
- Abrasive Cabinet: A small enclosed area to blast smaller items and is needed to recollect abrasive.
- Portable Units: Sometimes we need to transport the system to jobs that are stationary. Most pressure pots are tied into this category.
- Wet Sandblasting: Section discusses the two types such as dustless and pressure washer equipment.
- Soda blaster: Similar to a pressure pot but used to blast baking soda or similar soft cleaners for light surfaces.
- Dry ice blasting: A process used in clean industries dealing with food or intricate parts.
This is a list of some of the major equipment needed for sandblasting surfaces. The photo below shows various equipment and supplies used for sandblasting.